A GPS, Text Message, Alert App for Android
Revised November 2020
Thank you for downloading The Beaconeer™ app. In order for the app to function properly, you will need to authorize the app's access to your Camera, Contact, Phone, SMS, Storage, and Location Sensor (GPS). Instructions are below.
On a regular basis Google Play reviews and updates the security compliance requirements of all apps within their store, to protect the privacy and security of consumers. The Beaconeer version 10 has been updated to comply with API29.
We want to assure you that authorizing these permissions are necessary for proper functioning of The Beaconeer™. Under no circumstances do we transfer any SMS, Phone Calls, GPS Location, Image Media, without the user initiating such action or opt-in. Furthermore, when The Beaconeer™ is not in use, there is absolutely no coding that self-initiates any of the communications, storage, camera, and location features on your phone.
We value your privacy and want you to know how we handle information you submit in The Beaconeer™ app.
There are seven functionalities in The Beaconeer™ App. We protect your privacy in the following manner:
1. Beaconeer Operations Screens : There are three of these screens. We do not save any GPS locations that you discharge to your “Beacon” recipient list, nor do we save any text messages that you enter in the “Text Box" on these screens.
No tracking cookies are associated with the weblink to our website www.Beaconeer.US
2. Beaconeer Edit List – Add, Edit, Delete Phone Numbers here. The Phone, Name, and Relation entries are saved in a TinyDB in the app. We do not use any type of tracking cookie to redirect your information to our website, Beaconeer.US.
3. Phone Dialer – The Phone Dialer component in the Beaconeer Operations Screens do not transfer any information on calls made, to any server, nor are they saved in any manner whatsoever in The Beaconeer™ app memory.
4. Send with no GPS and Send/ w GPS – These buttons are located in the "Beaconeer Operations" screens. When pressed by the user, these buttons send your Latitude, Longitude, and Locality, along with the user-defined text message to the list of phone numbers previously defined by the user in the "Beacon Lists". These behaviors can only be initiated by the user.
5. Red , Yellow , and Green Beacons – These buttons are located in the "Beaconeer Operations" screens. When pressed these buttons send your Latitude, Longitude, and Locality, along with the user-defined text message to the list of phone numbers previously defined by the user in the "Beacon Lists". We do not transfer any information as to the GPS location and Text messages sent, to any server, nor is the GPS location "logged" or saved in any manner whatsoever in The Beaconeer™ app memory.
6. Notepad. Contents in the notepad are resident in the TinyDB memory of the app. We do not transfer any contents of your Notepad to any remote server. If The Beaconeer™ app is deleted, all data in the Notepad is deleted.
7. Camera - When the camera button is pressed , a photo is saved to your phones memory. At the option of the user, the photo can be shared. We do not transfer any image information to any remote server, in any manner whatsoever.
We collect information through our online rating form for The Beaconeer™. You may submit the information anonymously, or you may provide your name, email, phone number. We may use this information to send you special offers and updates regarding Beaconeer products and services. We will never sell your information to third parties.
We also collect information on this website, www.Beaconeer.US , through the Contact form. When you provide your name, email, phone number you may receive special offers and updates regarding The Beaconeer™ products and services. We will never sell your information to third parties.